Saturday, 27 August 2011


A chance few minutes today when I tried to get a different polaroid camera to work, meant that I looked at one I got in a charity shop a year ago but didn't have film for. As I examined it I realised it was alive, and there were still some pictures I could take so I did. As you can see the film is very expired and the chemistry did not cover the whole exposure which gives it a slightly dripped feeling. This is what I got I have scanned them and put them together in photoshop I have not enhanced them. I'm not sure if I can make more of what I have got in photoshop or by incorporating the actual pictures into a art thing but we shall see. Now I just need to source some film for a further play around but I think it will be expensive fun.

Tuesday, 16 August 2011

Sketchbook project

I have joined in with Gina's sketchbook project for the second year, this year it is all about colour and I went for blue. I also went for one of my photography obsessions Nigella that grows weed like and self seeding outside my front door. I love it when there is a little summer project like this as it pushes me into doing things, stretching my normal approach to things and its fun. I loved last years linguni drawing.

The potato printing was a bit of a disaster as I think that they look more like insects, I have decided to try again using a PVA glue plate and a foam plate. This also fits with the next suggestion from Gina of Mono-printing its all getting very exciting.

This is the page that I like the most so far