For many months now I have been looking forward to going to Cambridge Botanical Gardens for a weekend workshop of lino printing. The focus of the weekend was to be on the orchid flowers, and Yvonne Bartlett a local printer led the workshop. The aim was to produce a reduction print, the concept of which I have read about and had described to me.
It is not until you try to do it that really can understand the process, only now do I feel that I can tackle a reduction print at home. I had to revise my ideas at several points during both the preparation and the execution of my piece. I tried to keep things simple. I stuck to three colours. I think I finally understand how to register the prints.
It was great fun and the group produced some fabulous and very diverse work. I have learnt loads. Below is the final output.