Wednesday, 27 October 2010


I thought I would share some of the output from my short printing course. These are the collographs that I produced, to make the plates I used two different methods and they have created very different results.

The blue landscape was created using a variety of textures glued to a cardboard backing a sort of classic collograph. I put far to much ink
on the first one but as it passed through a couple of times the effect of the surfaces appeared far more detailed.

The sort of dandelion looking plant was created using tape I love this method and want to do it again but that means getting access to a printing press, so that will be a tall order. I think it has a very unpredictable and loose feel that makes me want to explore this more.

No comments:

Post a Comment